Topics

Slight updateRE: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] An Invitation To All Members

Michael Hingson

In the Suspense episode, Hans Conried also appeared. Pretty important, especially at the end of the story.

From: mike@...
Sent: Saturday, April 3, 2021 12:59 PM
To: 'main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io' <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: RE: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] An Invitation To All Members

Hi Larry,

Sorry, but I must give you two.

First, Suspense, The House in Cypress Canyon, December 5 1946 staring Robert Taylor and Howard Duff.

As much as I like "Three Skelton Key" I think this one is scarier as it leaves a bit more to the imagination. The end also has a wonderful twist that makes this more terrifying. It is a must hear.

My second favorite show is Command Performance, Dick Tracy in B Flat or for goodness sakes is he ever going to Mary Tess Trueheart?, February 15, 1945, staring an bunch of the most suspicious characters ever to appear on Radio. They include, Bing (Dick Tracy) Crosby, Bob (Flat Top) Hope, Dina (Tess Trueheart) Shore, Jimmy (The Mole), Durante, Frank (Shaky) Sinatra, and many others.

Each week Command Performance featured radio stars in shows just for our “men and women overseas”. I am not aware that the show ever was aired during the “golden days of radio”, but when I did radio in the late 60s and 70s, and plan to do so on the net again, this will and was always one of the shows I featured. I have NEVER heard a funnier program.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson