From: "Bob Stepno"
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Sent: Monday April 6 2020 10:54:23AM
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Soaps as portrayal of daily life ; was Re: Posting

Thanks for your note, Larry. You're so right about radio dramas, especially the soaps, being little time capsules of daily life.

My blog/book does have a section on newspaper themes in daily soap operas and weekly "romance" series, headed
...And  I cover a few others in the section on comedy, https://jheroes.com/comedies/

Those section-heading pages link to a few longer essays about individual series and to blog posts about individual episodes, such as this one about a Little Orphan Annie story arc involving a small town newspaper editor "covering" her birthday party: https://jheroes.com/2014/01/14/little-orphan-annie-in-the-newsroom/

The home page also has a search box that is quite good at finding mentions of individual series or themes that interest you. I try to keep the links to online MP3 files up to date, using primarily otrr postings at the internet archive. And most of the posts and pages have WordPress comment sections at the bottom, so feel free to point out any errors, gaps or broken mp3 players.
Cheers,
Bob