Topics

Sorry for not being online

jackies@tularosa.net

Hi Everyone:

Last week was one heck of a week. On Tuesday I got off my computer fairly
early. Then on Wednesday I went to get on my computer and NOTHING.
Absolutely NOTHING. My husband wasn't able to take to Office Depot until
Thursday and when he went they told him that the mother-board was fried
because of the blackouts we had. Seems they blackouts messed up my back
up battery for the computer to protect it from such things and the last
black out on Wednesday night fried the mother board. I had almost 1,000
emails in the email address alone. I have been going crazy without the
computer. I am a 100% NS connected Disabled vet and I can't get out at
all except for Dr. Visits winch have been by phone since March. My
husband bought me a new $800 computer which for him is something because
he hates the computer. I said thank you and he said for what and I said
for the computer. I know how much you hate the computer. He told me His
love for my was more important than his hate of the computer and he did it
for his love for me. Isn't he sweet? It will take me a few days to get
back to speed but should be by Wednesday.

Sincerely

Jackie Schlageter

-

If the motherboard is fried the hard drive might still be ok. In which case its contents can easily be accessed and/or copied. Ask yourepair
place about this and if they tested the hard drive.

--
XR

jackies@tularosa.net

Dan:

They were able to put 99% of what I had on the old computer on the new
computer. The only things that could not put on the new were programs
that were only for 1 computer. Bought the biggest one Microsoft office
and it will be here on the 11th of next month and I was able to download
the Kindle app to my computer. Thank you for telling me about it.

Sincerely
Jackie Schlageter

Tom G.

Hi Jackie. I'm not sure what your Microsoft Office needs happen to be but I'd like to recommend an alternative. I was in the same situation as you a while back. I use both Windows and Linux operating systems. In Linux I was using LibreOffice for my word processing and spreadsheet needs. It turns out that LibreOffice is available for Windows too. LibreOffice is compatible with most Word and Excel documents. The best part is that it is free. If you are interested click on the link below. If this suits your needs maybe you can cancel your order for Microsoft Office and save your money for something else. I hope this helps.

https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/libreoffice/

barry nadler

I have used free Open Office for decades instead of Microsoft Office.

OpenOffice.com

On Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 10:41 AM, Tom G. via groups.io <tom_greenli@...> wrote:

Hi Jackie. I'm not sure what your Microsoft Office needs happen to be but I'd like to recommend an alternative. I was in the same situation as you a while back. I use both Windows and Linux operating systems. In Linux I was using LibreOffice for my word processing and spreadsheet needs. It turns out that LibreOffice is available for Windows too. LibreOffice is compatible with most Word and Excel documents. The best part is that it is free. If you are interested click on the link below. If this suits your needs maybe you can cancel your order for Microsoft Office and save your money for something else. I hope this helps.

https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/libreoffice/

--
Marc Olayne