Topics

Suspense Episode

Ryan Ellett

For those of you not on our Facebook group, member Dr. Bruce Frey posted this note:

"Rare Suspense Episodes

Now that I have the opportunity to be at home and on my computer more than usual, it's time I started posting some hard-to-find Suspense episodes. These are in my father, Don Frey's, collection. He is not computer savvy, so I have begun digitizing them, and will share them here. Joe Webb and Ryan Ellett of this group have identified some episodes from his catalog that are not in general circulation. Let's begin with "1960 (??) 'The Hand' by Mel Dinelli; Supposedly a presentation offered to Suspense, but not produced." It sounds like a demo recording to me. It's drug theme may have kept it off the air."
http://www.mediafire.com/file/i20nwz4z5d5blmr/Suspense_The_Hand_Demo.wav/file

Hope this link works!
Ryan

Scott Galley

I'm not on Facebook, so this is grand. Please keep posting these; a little treat in troubled times.

Yours faithfully,
Scott

Dan

thanks for sharing Ryan! looking forward to listening!
all the best,
dan

Larry Maupin

Thank you for the encouragement Scott.  In a few minutes I will post the first "Lora Lawton" summary.  This is a great soap opera, and many of the episodes take place in Europe after Peter Carver is kidnapped by members of the French Resistance and held prisoner in the custody of a remarkable woman named Madame Pruniere.  You and your wife might enjoy listening to the twenty-eight extant episodes.

Best regards,
Larry

-----------------------------------------

To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Cc: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Sent: Friday April 3 2020 7:34:33AM
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Suspense Episode

I'm not on Facebook, so this is grand. Please keep posting these; a little treat in troubled times.

Yours faithfully,
Scott

--
Larry Maupin

Gordon Johansen

It worked just fine. I'm in the group but tend not to have time to worry about FB in most cases.

Thanks for the link.

Gord

Ryan Ellett via groups.io wrote on 4/02/20 8:12 PM:

For those of you not on our Facebook group, member Dr. Bruce Frey posted this note:

"Rare Suspense Episodes

Now that I have the opportunity to be at home and on my computer more than usual, it's time I started posting some hard-to-find Suspense episodes. These are in my father, Don Frey's, collection. He is not computer savvy, so I have begun digitizing them, and will share them here. Joe Webb and Ryan Ellett of this group have identified some episodes from his catalog that are not in general circulation. Let's begin with "1960 (??) 'The Hand' by Mel Dinelli; Supposedly a presentation offered to Suspense, but not produced." It sounds like a demo recording to me. It's drug theme may have kept it off the air."

Hope this link works!
Ryan

K & J Hammel

Thanks Ryan for posting and also Thanks to Dr Frey.  Great show!

Kathy

On Thursday, April 2, 2020, 07:12:41 PM PDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

"Rare Suspense Episodes

Hope this link works!
Ryan

Litsey, Alan

Thank you, Ryan and Bruce! Alan

From: <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of "Ryan Ellett via groups.io" <oldradiotimes@...>
Reply-To: "main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io" <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Date: Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 9:12 PM
To: "main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io" <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Suspense Episode

"Rare Suspense Episodes

Hope this link works!
Ryan

Gary Coville

Downloaded just fine.  Many Thanks.  Now added to my listening library while awaiting release from captivity. 

Stay safe, everyone.

Gary Coville

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Ellett via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 7:13 PM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io
Subject: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Suspense Episode

"Rare Suspense Episodes

Hope this link works!
Ryan