Topics

Tales of the Texas Rangers

Ryan Ellett

We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan

Damon Fries

I’ll take some…..(almost finished with last Lugui)

On 30 Jul 2020, at 15:51, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan

Wild West Designs

I thought it was released through the group as one of the first completed series that I had received through CDs was this set.  This was back when I first started so roughly 2 decades.

I had a few from Ed Carr before then, but I'm pretty sure that OTRR had a set of this that was distributed, but then again, I was apart of so many groups back then.  Really only stuck with OTRR over the years.

Evan West

On 7/30/20 8:51 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io wrote:
We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan

K & J Hammel

I can listen. I'm just finishing up listening on the Top Secret set you'd sent.

Kathy

On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 06:51:20 AM PDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,

I’d be happy to archive a set in my library.

Rick

On Jul 30, 2020, at 9:33 AM, Damon Fries <dbfries@...> wrote:

I’ll take some…..(almost finished with last Lugui)

On 30 Jul 2020, at 15:51, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,

Like I said, I was surprised too. But I don't see a set on Archive, on our library, or in Jim's physical CD collection. And he kept what he called the master hard copy library of distros and burned all of them up until a year or two before he died, it looked like. So if one was put it out it has slipped through the cracks! I feel like I may have had a set from the OTree distro club a long, long time ago.

On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 09:58:19 AM CDT, Wild West Designs <evan@...> wrote:

[...]

Richard, you'd be welcome to do that once it's released. And a reminder to all, these sets are put up on Archive.org and our library site even after the initial distro period so are available for everyone as long as those sites are online.

On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 10:06:22 AM CDT, Richard Davenport <klingon1@...> wrote:

[...]

Allan Foster

I can't give a totally definitive answer because all the records from the Distro Group I downloaded aren't very organized yet, but I'm almost 100% sure we've never done a set of the Tales of the Texas Rangers.

Allan

On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 10:19:33 AM CDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

[...]

leonard edwards

I can take some. That is one of my favorites

On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 8:51:19 AM CDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan

Hello Ryan, not done this before but interested to do a few.

Paul Hudson
88 Ash Road
Leeds
LS6 3HD
UK
07962255621

On 30 Jul 2020, at 15:30, Damon Fries <dbfries@...> wrote:

[...]

Rob

Ryan,
It will be my first time helping with a set, so please count me in for one of my favorite shows.

rob

On Jul 30, 2020, at 6:51 AM, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan

Mike Thomas

Yes for sure

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 9:17 AM, Rob
<avideditorrob@...> wrote:
[...]

B. J. Watkins

Ryan, we put an almost complete set of Tales of the Texas Rangers in excellent sound in the SPERDVAC General Library back in the 1980s or 90s. We were requested to delete them by Stacy Keach Sr., who owned the rights so we did.   He was syndicating them to radio stations. He was an honorary member of SPERDVAC. Perhaps I should post that meeting soon. He talked about how series came to be.

We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,
Ryan

Dave Tysver

I am sure that OTRR has not released Tales of the Texas Rangers. When the OTRR redistribution group (OTRRDistroGroup-2) was created in 2005 to distribute previous Distro Group releases, I believe I had a complete set of every OTRR distro. Tales of the Texas Rangers was not included.

Dave Tysver

[...]

Please do, I think that would be interesting for a lot of people.

On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 12:09:29 PM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:

Ryan, we put an almost complete set of Tales of the Texas Rangers in excellent sound in the SPERDVAC General Library back in the 1980s or 90s. We were requested to delete them by Stacy Keach Sr., who owned the rights so we did.   He was syndicating them to radio stations. He was an honorary member of SPERDVAC. Perhaps I should post that meeting soon. He talked about how series came to be.

Larry Gassman

Yes, I do have that set and the meeting as well.

Larry

[...]

Scott Mahan

So, are you still going to do this?

Please do, I think that would be interesting for a lot of people.

On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 12:09:29 PM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:

Ryan, we put an almost complete set of Tales of the Texas Rangers in excellent sound in the SPERDVAC General Library back in the 1980s or 90s. We were requested to delete them by Stacy Keach Sr., who owned the rights so we did.   He was syndicating them to radio stations. He was an honorary member of SPERDVAC. Perhaps I should post that meeting soon. He talked about how series came to be.

B. J. Watkins

OK, it'll be posted to the SPERDVAC website tomorrow night. He has some interesting stories about the series.

Please do, I think that would be interesting for a lot of people.

On Thursday, July 30, 2020, 12:09:29 PM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:

Ryan, we put an almost complete set of Tales of the Texas Rangers in excellent sound in the SPERDVAC General Library back in the 1980s or 90s. We were requested to delete them by Stacy Keach Sr., who owned the rights so we did.   He was syndicating them to radio stations. He was an honorary member of SPERDVAC. Perhaps I should post that meeting soon. He talked about how series came to be.

BrianWest2@...

Ryan,

I'll take some.

Brian

We've received a nice set of Tales of the Texas Rangers to go through the process of becoming a Maintained set. I was a bit surprised that this series had not ever been released by OTRR over the years; at least I could find no record of it. The set contains 91 episodes. We will need 2nd listeners to get the project underway. Please contact me if you're interested in taking a batch of five; my math says there will be 18 batches to send out to interested listeners. The more individual listeners who step up, the fewer episodes any one person has to listen to. I've listened to very few of these over the years so will certainly be taking some myself to get more familiar with the shoe.
Respond here or email me privately for a batch,

I think what I'm learning is that there is quite a bit more general interest in drama shows among this crowd than comedies. Volunteers flock to things like Philip Marlowe and Texas Rangers but it's a noticeably smaller number when it comes to My Friend Irma, Life with Luigi, etc. Not a complaint, just something I'm observing pretty clearly. Or maybe I'm just picking 2nd tier comedy shows to work on...

Ryan