Topics

Tales of the Texas Rangers, v2009


Brian Kavanaugh
 

The initial release of the "Tales of the Texas Ranger" distro, version 2009, was announced in the Facebook group and the distro group, https://oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io/g/OTRRDistroGroup


Richard Davenport
 

I am only missing show #41 of Tales of the Texas Rangers.  If this is available from anyone please let me know.  If there are any upgrades to existing show I have that would be even better.   Looking forward to it.


Rick

Show List....


====================================
M:\OTR\T\Tales Of The Texas Rangers\
====================================
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0001 - 50-07-08 -.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0002 - 50-07-15 - White Elephant.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0003 - 50-07-22 - Apache Peak.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0004 - 50-07-29 - Trigger Man.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0005 - 50-08-05 - Quick Silver.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0006 - 50-08-12 - Broken Spur.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0007 - 50-08-19 - Fool's Gold.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0008 - 50-08-26 - Open Range.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0009 - 50-09-02 - Play For Keeps.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0010 - 50-09-09 - Dead Or Alive.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0011 - 50-09-16 - Candy Man.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0012 - 50-09-23 - Open And Shut.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0013 - 50-09-30 - Clean Up.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0014 - 50-10-08 - Living Death (Show moves to Sundays).mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0015 - 50-10-15 - Dead Give-away.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0016 - 50-10-22 -.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0017 - 50-10-29 - Soft Touch.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0018 - 50-11-05 - White Suit.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0019 - 50-11-12 - Blood Relative.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0019 - 50-11-19 - Pre-Empted for Hedda Hopper Program.txt
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0020 - 50-11-26 - Hanging By A Thread.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0021 - 50-12-03 - Room 114.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0022 - 50-12-10 - Lucky Dollar.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0023 - 50-12-17 - Cactus Pear.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0024 - 50-12-24 - Christmas Present.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0025 - 50-12-31 - Devil's Share.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0026 - 51-01-07 - Deadhead Freight.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0027 - 51-01-14 - Death In The Cards.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0028 - 51-01-21 - Blood Harvest.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0029 - 51-01-28 - Night Chase.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0030 - 51-02-04 - Logger's Larceny.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0031 - 51-02-11 - Hatchet.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0032 - 51-02-18 - Sweet Harvest.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0033 - 51-02-25 - Trap.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0033 - 51-03-03 - Pre-empted for Theatre Guild's HAMLET.txt
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0034 - 51-03-11 - Blind Justice.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0035 - 51-03-18 - Death By Adoption.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0036 - 51-03-25 - Breakdown.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0037 - 51-04-01 - Pressure.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0038 - 51-04-08 - Bad Blood.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0039 - 51-04-15 - Conspiracy.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0040 - 51-04-22 - Canned Death (need 0041).mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0042 - 51-05-06 - No Living Witnesses.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0043 - 51-05-13 - Paid In Full.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0044 - 51-05-20 - Square Dance.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0045 - 51-05-27 - Joy Ride.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0046 - 51-09-30 - Death Shaft.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0047 - 51-10-07 - Wheelchair Killing.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0048 - 51-10-14 - Play For Keeps.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0049 - 51-10-21 - Fugitive Trail.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0050 - 51-10-28 - White Elephant.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0051 - 51-11-04 - Helping Hand.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0052 - 51-11-11 - Open And Shut.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0053 - 51-11-18 - Wild Crop.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0054 - 51-11-25 - Blow Off.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0055 - 51-12-02 - Dead Give-away.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0056 - 51-12-09 - Death Plant.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0057 - 51-12-16 - Pick-up.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0058 - 51-12-23 - Christmas Payoff.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0059 - 51-12-30 - Killer's Crop.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0060 - 52-01-06 - Birds Of A Feather.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0061 - 52-01-13 - Clip Job.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0062 - 52-01-20 - Blood Trail.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0063 - 52-01-27 - Night Chase.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0064 - 52-02-03 - Rub Out.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0065 - 52-02-10 - Hitchhiker.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0066 - 52-02-17 - Cold Blood.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0067 - 52-02-24 - Bright Boy.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0068 - 52-03-02 - Ice Man.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0069 - 52-03-09 - Dream Farm.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0070 - 52-03-16 - Prelude To Felony.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0071 - 52-03-23 - Show Pre-Empted.txt
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0071 - 52-03-30 - Night Hawk.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0072 - 52-04-06 - Troop Train.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0073 - 52-04-13 - Uncertain Death.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0074 - 52-04-20 - Illusion.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0075 - 52-04-27 - Address Unknown.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0076 - 52-05-04 - Little Sister.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0077 - 52-05-11 - Unleashed Fury.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0078 - 52-05-18 - Smart Kill.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0079 - 52-05-25 - Jailbird.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0080 - 52-06-01 - Sell-Out.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0081 - 52-06-08 - Illegal Entry.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0082 - 52-06-15 - Travesty.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0083 - 52-06-22 - Knockout.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0084 - 52-06-29 - Ex-Con.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0085 - 52-07-06 - Boomerang.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0086 - 52-07-13 - Finger Man.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0087 - 52-07-20 - Round Trip.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0088 - 52-07-27 - Stick-Up.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0089 - 52-08-03 - Double Edge.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0090 - 52-08-10 - Last Stop.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0091 - 52-08-17 - Cover-Up.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0092 - 52-08-24 - Three Victims.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0093 - 52-08-31 - Misplaced Person.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0094 - 52-09-07 - Alibi.MP3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0095 - 52-09-14 - Drive-in.mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - AUD - 50-04-13 - Just A Number (audition).mp3
Tales Of The Texas Rangers - AUD - 50-04-19 - Just A Number (audition).mp3
Tales of the Texas Rangers.rar




Labor ipse voluptas


On Monday, September 14, 2020, 7:08:22 PM CDT, Brian Kavanaugh via groups.io <brian@...> wrote:


The initial release of the "Tales of the Texas Ranger" distro, version 2009, was announced in the Facebook group and the distro group, https://oldtimeradioresearchers.groups.io/g/OTRRDistroGroup


Brian Kavanaugh
 

Are you sure you have all those (I guess I'm not sure what "Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0001 - 50-07-08 -.mp3" means, for example)? Have you listened to them? Are the two auditions you list different from each other? The distro has only one, which is all that Jerry lists (1950-04-13). At least according to Jerry's and Goldin's logs, the following aren't available and the titles aren't known:

1950-07-08 - #1
1950-10-22 - #16
1951-01-28 - #29
1951-04-29 - #41 (Goldin does indicate he has this, title "Hot Cargo", but only the final 17:06. I see some collections for sale on E-Bay indicating the same thing.)

Missing from this distro:

1950-07-08 - #1
1951-09-23 - #12 "Open and Shut" - same as 1951-11-11; you should make sure the ones you have are in fact different
1950-10-22 - #16
1951-01-28 - #29
1951-04-29 - #41 "Hot Cargo"


B. J. Watkins
 

For what it's worth, back when Stacy Keach was preparing to syndicate his series, he called me to ask if I or SPERDVAC had three shows he was missing. We didn't. He told me the titles of the three and I wrote them down somewhere. Wish I still had that paper. I don't know if he ever found them or not.

Barbara


From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Brian Kavanaugh via groups.io <brian@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 6:01 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Tales of the Texas Rangers, v2009
 

Are you sure you have all those (I guess I'm not sure what "Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0001 - 50-07-08 -.mp3" means, for example)? Have you listened to them? Are the two auditions you list different from each other? The distro has only one, which is all that Jerry lists (1950-04-13). At least according to Jerry's and Goldin's logs, the following aren't available and the titles aren't known:

1950-07-08 - #1
1950-10-22 - #16
1951-01-28 - #29
1951-04-29 - #41 (Goldin does indicate he has this, title "Hot Cargo", but only the final 17:06. I see some collections for sale on E-Bay indicating the same thing.)

Missing from this distro:

1950-07-08 - #1
1951-09-23 - #12 "Open and Shut" - same as 1951-11-11; you should make sure the ones you have are in fact different
1950-10-22 - #16
1951-01-28 - #29
1951-04-29 - #41 "Hot Cargo"


Patrick Andre
 

Hi Rick,

 

Your listing shows two audition shows – one on April 13th and one on April 19th 1950.  I have the April 19th version with Frank Martin in the lead role.  I am not aware of the April 13th version, nor did it turn up in my research for the synopsis.  Do you know if it is a duplicate, or if it has a different lead?

Patrick Andre


Richard Davenport
 

The .mp3 is a sound file and a .txt is a placer file to insert the name information for when it is replaced with an actual sound file.

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas


On Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 1:31:13 PM CDT, Patrick Andre <pat@...> wrote:


Hi Rick,

 

Your listing shows two audition shows – one on April 13th and one on April 19th 1950.  I have the April 19th version with Frank Martin in the lead role.  I am not aware of the April 13th version, nor did it turn up in my research for the synopsis.  Do you know if it is a duplicate, or if it has a different lead?

Patrick Andre


Richard Davenport
 

Patrick,
It very well could be the same file.  I am attaching them both for your perusal.  I have been trying to gradually clean up and de-dupe my otr files.  This one was found as is. 

Rick

Labor ipse voluptas


On Tuesday, September 15, 2020, 11:14:08 AM CDT, B. J. Watkins <kinseyfan@...> wrote:


For what it's worth, back when Stacy Keach was preparing to syndicate his series, he called me to ask if I or SPERDVAC had three shows he was missing. We didn't. He told me the titles of the three and I wrote them down somewhere. Wish I still had that paper. I don't know if he ever found them or not.

Barbara

From: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io> on behalf of Brian Kavanaugh via groups.io <brian@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 6:01 AM
To: main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io <main@OldTimeRadioResearchers.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [OldTimeRadioResearchers] Tales of the Texas Rangers, v2009
 

Are you sure you have all those (I guess I'm not sure what "Tales Of The Texas Rangers - 0001 - 50-07-08 -.mp3" means, for example)? Have you listened to them? Are the two auditions you list different from each other? The distro has only one, which is all that Jerry lists (1950-04-13). At least according to Jerry's and Goldin's logs, the following aren't available and the titles aren't known:

1950-07-08 - #1
1950-10-22 - #16
1951-01-28 - #29
1951-04-29 - #41 (Goldin does indicate he has this, title "Hot Cargo", but only the final 17:06. I see some collections for sale on E-Bay indicating the same thing.)

Missing from this distro:

1950-07-08 - #1
1951-09-23 - #12 "Open and Shut" - same as 1951-11-11; you should make sure the ones you have are in fact different
1950-10-22 - #16
1951-01-28 - #29
1951-04-29 - #41 "Hot Cargo"


Patrick Andre
 

Yes, they appear to be identical except for quality.  Interestingly, the middle of the 4-19 file is a little muddy sounding (about 14 minutes into the file) but it clears up and the quality is better overall.

Thank you for sharing!
Patrick