Topics

The Man Who Went To War - Langston (1944)

Chris J Brady

Subject: The Man Who Went To War - Langston (1944)

The script has ben found - actually the working revision as aired in 1944, and there is even a clip. The LOC has a full recording but refuses to upload it to the web. Apparently academics can access it but not us non-acadenic plebs.

The BBC has been told and shown no interest whatsoever.

So in releasing the script from the dusty archives, and bearing in mind the intransigence of the LOC and Beeb, the suggestion is that the ballad opera could be recreated by today's folk and blues singers.

Download link:
https://we.tl/t-V5yhWHuWZK

Missing_from_History_Langston_Hughes_The.docx
tmwwtw (03-05-2020).pdf

Message
The Man Who Went To War (1944) incl clip

====

Ryan Ellett

Chris, do you have any background on this work? I'm not familiar with it. I just downloaded it but haven't had a chance to go through it.

Okay, I see there is a file in that download that explains this production. Very interesting!

So the Man Who Went To War is a movie?

On Sunday, May 3, 2020, 6:43:15 PM CDT, Ryan Ellett via groups.io <oldradiotimes@...> wrote:

Okay, I see there is a file in that download that explains this production. Very interesting!
Ryan